Tuesday, November 3, 2009

McKayla's Dedication

McKayla got dedicated on November 1st at our church. What a great time of celebration with family and friends! Here is a copy of what was in her invite and pictures to follow.



"... every perfect gift is from above." James1:17

Dan and Aletha Drenth
Invite you to share their joy and witness
as their daughter McKayla Elizabeth
recives her dedication before God and family
on November 1, 2009 after the 10:30 sercice

Dedication will be at Crossview Covenant
2000 Howard Drive
North Mankato, MN 56003

A time for celebration, fellowhip, and luncheon to follow after the service.

We really had a great time and we are so thankful to all of our family and friends!

Thank you to everyone.
Dan, Aletha, and McKayla


The Cake:
It was my goal that I was going to make McKayla's cake for her dedication. I had a couple of ideas in my head and saw a few online, but just kind of had it come together as I went. The beginning was a rough start, and then Dan chipped in and helped the whole time until it was finished. Needless to say the kitchen was a disaster when we were finished and there was powdered sugar all over!!! :o) But we are very happy with the results!



The end result! A BEAUTIFUL cake just like our little girl!






Getting ready in the morning. Grandma Drenth came to the house to help!


Looking so beautiful in my dress and full of smiles!


Family picture! Someone is already for her hat to come off!



The luncheon following the service with friends and family. We had pulled pork that uncle Bennett smoked in his smoker and it was .... mmmmmm good!

Hanging out with uncle Bennett and aunt Felicia.


Opening gifts. McKayla very interested in her cards.

Me by my cake!

Mom and me hanging out!
This is one of the bible verses we picked for McKayla for her dedication. This is our prayer for her.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all
your ways acknwledge him and he will make your paths straight. (Provers 3:5-6)
The second verse we choose was
Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your
truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.
(Psalm 25:4-5)















No comments:

Post a Comment